Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We're looking for talented people to join us in this mission.
Learnosity is growing rapidly and already delivers 46M assessments per month for our customers. Reliability is the key to our success, so engineering systems that are reliable, robust and efficient are core to this role.
The ideal candidate for this role will have used Linux and AWS in production environments. He or she will be inquisitive, passionate and pragmatic, and able to understand Why they are doing things, rather than just What they are doing, and be able to communicate this clearly.
- Continuous improvement of our existing Linux / AWS infrastructure
- Working with Developers to get scalable code to production
- Increasing infrastructure reliability and redundancy
- Perform root cause analysis on any production issues, then deliver solutions that resolve the underlying issues
- Working with development teams in an agile environment
- Develop and improve in house automation tools (Python, Bash)
- Research and innovate with new and evolving technologies to deliver robust and efficient projects
Learnosity is built entirely in the Cloud and has a robust infrastructure, but as we are growing rapidly there is always lots of scope for improvement and change. So are you up for a change?
- 5+ years experience working with secure, high availability Linux systems.
- Strong hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (ECS, EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.)
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant industry experience.
- Experience with either Python or PHP preferred.
- Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture.
- An 'infrastructure as code' approach for managing infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of Centos/Ubuntu/Debian, MySQL/PostgreSQL and Linux administration.
- Working knowledge of configuration management and/or orchestration systems (eg. Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
Am I right for this role?
- You have excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- You consider security in everything you do.
- You are driven to continuously improve the way we work.
- You collaborate and work well as part of a team.
- You actively engage and contribute your experience in discussions.
- You are a resilient problem solver with an optimistic outlook.
- You are curious and keen to continue learning new technologies.
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.