Full Stack Engineer - Internal Apps Team
Join us in making a positive difference to how students learn through our powerful, interactive assessment tools. As a mission-driven company our goal is to power better student outcomes in every learning product in the world.
We are looking for a talented full stack engineer to join our Internal Applications team. The team’s mission is to give our staff and clients the data, tools, and services to solve problems and excel at their tasks.
If successful you will:
- Work with and learn from a diverse, collaborative development team
- Provide colleagues and clients with reliable data, at scale, to drive their decisions
- Build products to empower self sufficiency across the business and our customer base
- Create robust cloud-based systems using a variety of modern programming languages and technologies
- Experiment with cutting edge technologies and contribute to the company’s product roadmap
What you will bring:
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer with an ability to share and apply past experiences to solve problems and architect new systems
- a strong knowledge of full-stack development, relational databases, and back-end architecture best practices
- be a team player who thrives working in a collaborative environment
- experience with version control systems
- excellent communication skills, written and oral
Nice but not necessary:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- experience working in either a scaling start-up (> 50 people) or larger company
- experience designing, building, and maintaining cloud-based systems and microservices
- knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools like Jenkins, CodePipeline, CircleCI, etc.
- exposure to working in DevOps style teams or teams that work closely with infrastructure
- experience working with a modern Big Data stack and any ETL tools
- contribute to open source projects
- have worked in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban would be great!)
- familiarity with any of these additional technologies
- Scala, TypeScript, Go, Python, Java, Ruby
- Play, Vue.js, .Net
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney's CBD. We are a values-based company, and our 4 core values are the basis for how we work and what we do every day. Being a part of the Learnosity team means that you’ll get to join us in living out these values:
- We live to learn
- We aim higher
- We do the right thing
- Our success is better shared
Personal Development: Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there. We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programs. You will have your own learning and development budget and we will sponsor certification exams where appropriate.
Flexibility: We are keen to help you maximise the value of your time by allowing you to design a schedule around your preferred working style. We’ll do our best to meet your needs, whether you need to accommodate children, avoid busy commute periods, or attend a gym or sports club. Learnosity also offers above-and-beyond parental leave and we work with our employees to ensure a successful return to work following parental leave.
Community: Working together is key to our shared success, so creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for everyone is a top priority. We enjoy a community culture that covers a broad range of interests like board games, yoga, mixed volleyball, journal club, jigsaw puzzles, video games, pool, and more! We also make sure to organise regular team activities and celebrations of our major accomplishments to recognise everyone’s hard work.