Full Stack Engineer
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We're looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful, interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for over 10 years and we are searching for the next engineers to join the ride.
Learnosity is looking for several full stack engineers for multiple teams to add to our great strength in the backend, and front end expertise. Our products are widely used by our clients to deliver tens of millions of tests every month.
If successful you will:
- work with, learn from, and contribute to an incredibly strong development team
- build efficient and reusable front end abstractions and back end systems
- create robust cloud-based systems hosted in AWS used by students globally
- experiment with cutting edge technologies and contribute to the company’s product roadmap
- deliver data at scale to bring value to clients
You will need:
- experience working with back-end applications and relational databases in a full-stack environment
- great knowledge of design patterns and system architecture best practices
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- experience with version control systems
- fluent written & spoken English
It would be great if you have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- experience with PHP
- experience working with a modern Big Data stack
- contributed to open source projects
- experience working in an Agile environment
- experience in any of these areas:
- ES6, ReactJS, Vue.js, Backbone
- Symfony, Play
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out, or are a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programs and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to do our best to accomodate you to meet your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule.
We have a diverse range of interests, and enjoy a work culture that includes activities such as foosball, snooker, jigsaw puzzles, board games, video games, yoga.
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney's CBD. Annual salary from $80000 - $120000 dependant on experience.
Learnosity is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce will enhance our ability to fulfil our mission of advancing education and ed-tech in general.
Find out more about your career at Learnosity at learnosity.com/careers/